We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our team as an Accounting Controller. As the Accounting Controller, you will play a vital role in supporting the accounting department by overseeing day-to-day operations and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial records. You will work closely with the global accounting department to implement and maintain effective accounting processes and procedures. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting principles, exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly and yearly consolidated financial statements.
- Preparation of monthly closings and reconciliations.
- Work closely with subsidiaries – monitor day-to-day activities and preparing and reviewing reporting packages.
- Preparation of the statutory financial statements and tax return.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Work closely with subsidiaries in the group, provide support and guidelines.
- Assist with accounting team projects and process improvements.
- Working closely with company’s auditor
- CPA with Big 4 experience – a must
- Proven working experience of at least 2-3 years as an Assistant Controller/Controller in multi-location and currency companies– a must.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed, and able to effectively complete tasks independently.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and able to work directly with other functions in the organization (global).
- Experience with QuickBooks (an advantage).
- Devoted and highly committed.
- Fluent English
- High Excel and other Office skills.
Location: Costa Rica